The intention behind the RC-1590 was to create a reference quality stereo preamplifier to perfectly partner with the new RB-1590 stereo power amplifier. It has been engineered to the highest audio performance levels and also provides an incredible level of control and flexibility.
The circuit design starts with a high-performance power supply consisting of two Rotel custom designed and built toroidal transformers to provide isolation between the analogue and digital signals. They are part of a reference-grade power supply consisting of individual analogue and digital regulator circuits with custom-made slit-foil capacitors. Slit-foil capacitors have very quick charge/discharge times and low signal loss ensuring tight bass performance.
Every aspect of component selection and circuit topography has been designed and carefully evaluated during multiple listening sessions to ensure the highest quality. For example, analogue and digital circuits were designed separately by specialised Rotel teams and then combined within the product. Analogue inputs employ low noise circuits and include a high performance moving magnet phono stage. Digital inputs are fully isolated and feature a precision AKM, 32bit768kHz Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC).
Other features include a remote control handset, 2 x 12-volt trigger outputs, a dimmable display, an automatic power-off function (configurable 1 hour, 2 hour, 5 hour, 12 hour or disabled), RS232 and IP control for automation system integration, Internet-based software updates, Rotel Link connection, an external IR remote input, and a front-mounted 3.5mm headphone output jack.
For music enthusiasts who will not accept compromise, the RC-1590 preamplifier is in a class by itself, at a price that belies its superb performance.
• Twin toroidal transformers to maximize analogue/digital circuit isolation
• TI precision volume control IC
• MM Phono input
• Three line-level analogue input stages (CD, Tuner and Aux),
• Six digital input stages (three coax; three optical)
• 32bit 768kHz Asahi Kasei Digitalto Analogue Converter
• Internal Bluetooth module supports both APTX and standard SBC
• Front facing USB input for iPod/iPad connections with 2.1A charging capability
• Rear panel PC-USB 24bit 192KHzinput supports Windows, MAC and DoP (DSD over PCM).
• Tone control cut/boost up to 10dB
• Balanced (XLR) input stages
• Twin balanced (XLR) and single-ended (phono) output stages
• Twin sub-woofer outputs
• Front panel status display